Flatbed Auto Transport

Auto Transport – Quality Customer Service


Flatbed Truck - Auto Transport by Cruise ControlThe two most common forms of auto transport in the industry today are open and enclosed transportation. Open auto transport is the most common and the cheapest form of auto transport today; close to 90% of all vehicles shipped in a given year are shipped on an open carrier. The other 10% are split between all the other forms of shipment, though one of the most common of that 10% are flatbed shippers. Flatbed auto transport is much different than open or enclosed mainly because it is not an on-demand service; it is an as-needed service that shipping companies reserve only for vehicles that absolutely need it.

But what types of vehicles require flatbed auto transport services? For starters, anything that is too large to fit on a standard carrier will most likely need to be shipped on a flatbed carrier. This includes larger-than-usual pickup trucks, cargo vans, SUV’s, construction equipment, some non-running vehicles, wrecked vehicles that cannot drive, limousines, Sprinter vans, and much more. More often than not flatbed shippers are utilized to transport pickup trucks or SUV’s that have been lifted or elongated or otherwise modified to be larger or heavier than its standard variant. While you can ask for either open or enclosed, flatbed shipping services will be used on an as-needed basis, so if your vehicle is larger than a normal vehicle of its class (i.e. if your pickup is lifted 4 inches or has oversize tires) we may ask you for the dimensions of the vehicle. If your are shipping a larger-than-usual vehicle, have these dimensions ready when you call for an auto transport quote

  • Approximate length of the vehicle
  • Approximate width of the vehicle
  • Approximate height of the vehicle
  • Approximate weight of the vehicle

These dimensions can be taken with a tape measure, eyeballed, or you can also look online for the dimensions of your specific vehicle. Please have them ready to the nearest foot or pound; they do not need to be exact, but they should be rounded to the nearest foot or whole pound.

If you are unsure about whether or not you need the dimensions of the vehicle, you can call us up and ask. Our helpful representatives are standing by to get you the best quote for your specific needs, and we’ll work with you to make sure that your transport fits within your budget and your schedule (within reason).

You can fill out our free online auto transport quote request form and receive a free quote in your e-mail that was calculated with precision and care by one of our experienced staff members, or you can take the initiative and give us a call directly at our toll-free number. You can call up any time during normal business hours and speak to one of our live agents, who can help calculate your quote for you as well as answer any questions you may have. So call us or e-mail and we’ll do what we can for you – it’s what we do here at Cruise Control Auto Transport.

Customers want to be valued.


Our customers have rewarded us with the best ratings and reviews of any auto shipper out there.

Contact Us. Get a Free Quote.

Move Your Car Now!

We will help you through the entire process of moving your car. Please fill out this form and our agents will contact you as soon as possible.